Emerging Artist Grants of up to $15,000 are available to support emerging artists of all art forms to undertake professional development opportunities overseas.
Funding Round 1, 2024
- Applications open: Tuesday 17 October 2023
- Applications close: Tuesday 23 January 2024, 5 pm AEDT
- For travel/projects commencing after 26 April 2024
- Grants announced: mid-April 2024.
Who we support
Individual emerging and early-career artists across Australia, practising in all art forms and disciplines. The Trust supports artists working across traditional art forms and experimental mediums, from visual arts to community radio and design to literature.
- Grants are only available to Australian citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age when they apply
What we support
Structured professional development and networking opportunities, usually overseas. Such as:
- Study tours that have a clear skills development focus
- Private lessons
- Conferences and workshops.
Please note that projects for which the sole purpose is an exhibition, performance, or making work (such as a recording or publication) are ineligible.
Find out more about applying for a grant, read our FAQs and learn about the experiences of the Trust's grantees.